5 Golden Tips to a Perfect Tan
As the summer starts to ebb away and we head toward longer nights and the chilly days of winter, just what’s going to happen to that tan you worked on over those glorious summer days?
If you’ve got a special occasion on the horizon, like a big wedding or a party, then you may want to indulge yourself and make yourself look and feel great with a spray tan.
Or you may be heading for foreign shores on holiday, so you want to hit the beach with a bit of a head start. In which case, you should definitely consider spray tanning.
Of course, the fashion and popularity for tanning has been with us now for many years, and once the preserve of the rich and famous, fake tanning is now very common and increasingly popular across the United Kingdom.
So how do you ensure you get the most natural results? Well, if you don’t want to tan in the sun (wearing high protection sun block, of course), there are a few things that you can do to ensure that your spray tan is successful and lasts as long as possible:
- On the day, don’t use any products such as deodorant, creams, lotions, gels or perfume. Doing so may well affect the effectiveness of your spray tan;
- Exfoliate 24 hours before your appointment. Use a suitable mitt and a good exfoliating cream. This will ensure that your skin is well prepared;
- Make sure you wear loose, dark clothing to your tanning appointment. This is because some of the guide colour can rub off immediately after your spray tan;
- If you are having a spray tan for that special occasion, then you’re better off having it done a couple of days before to give time for the guide colour to wash off;
- After your spray tan, don’t exfoliate, swim or take hot baths, as they may cause the tan to fade a little (or a lot) quicker.
However, if you are heading off on holiday, ensure that you use suntan lotion to protect your skin from UV rays.