Nine myths related to hair care
1. Washing often your hair will lead to an unhealthy dry hair
False – A frequent wash of the hair doesn’t affect its texture. It is recommended to wash your hair every time you want, and washing it at least 3 times/week is more than normal. You should use a shampoo or a balm appropriate to your type of hair. These products will help you have a beautiful, healthy hair.
2. More shampoo, a cleaner hair
False – Don’t waste shampoo
! The quantity of shampoo you can hold in your hand is enough in order to wash a long hair. If you have a very long hair, you’ll use a bit more shampoo.
3. The balm helps recover split hair
False – Indeed, the balm helps preventing the apparition of ripped hair but no balm can recover this type of hair. The only way to get rid of the split hair is to cut it.
4. Using the hair dryer may lead to a fall of your hair
False – The exaggerate use of the hair dryer can affect your hair, which can fall afterwards but it will grow again. So the use of the hair dryer won’t mean losing your hair forever.
5. Sleeping without drying your hair can lead to the apparition of a inflammation at the scalp?
False – The apparition of inflammations on the scalp may have as a cause the use of certain products which provoke allergies. It has no relevance to sleeping without having dried your hair.
6. If many people use the same brush, dandruff scurf can be transmitted
True – Dandruff can be transmitted very easy if people use the same brush or the same instruments for hairdressing.
7. If you do a haircut often, you hair will grow faster and will be more thick.
False – The general impression concerning the fact that the hair becomes thicker if you do a haircut very often is given by the fact that the hair is more voluminous at the roots and sleazy towards the top. But doing a haircut doesn’t affect the hair growth and texture.
8. Colouring your hair can lead to its loss
False – Many of the hair dyes contains substances that can degrade a lot your hair but staining can’t lead to losing your hair.
9. A strict diet can lead to the drop of the hair
True – It is very important to have a right alimentation in order to have a healthy hair. At all events an aliment which can do better or aggravate the hair health doesn’t exist.