What to wear at your first interview for a job
Looking seamless is one of the conditions when going to a job interview. No matter if you want to hire as a broker or a manager assistant the first impression is very important. From the employer’s point of view your outfit represents a declaration of seriousness and undertaking.
We will tell you some tips for choosing the best outfit:
- Try to find out what the other employees wear at the place where you are applying for a job;
- Be sure you know the place where the interview will take place. If it is a bookstore you can wear a sweater if it is a multinational company you should wear a business suit;
- No matter if you choose to wear heels or not, don’t forget the hosiery;
- Avoid short skirts, tight or low-cut blouses, lace sandals;
- Before leaving from home, check you outfit for any fluffs, buttons missing or any dust on your clothes;
- Don’t use too much make-up, hair-spray, perfume or jewelry. You’d better not wear a piercing which can be seen, at least at your first interview;
- Be careful: your hair, nails and shoes must be clean;
- Wear an elegant scarf and avoid big bags.