15 Ways To Stay Fit
As we enter a new year the effort to stay fit once again becomes a concern. Here are 15 ways to stay fit as we prepare for a new year of diet and exercise challenges.
1. Join a running club (This a great way to get regular exercise with other individuals who have the same goal. If there is not one in your area, start one with your friends or co-workers.)
2. Join a gym (Start simple and work your way up. Seek the advice of a trainer.)
3. Focus on specific problem areas (Sometimes focusing on a certain problem area makes exercises more productive. Isometric neck exercises, which involve lifting the arm above the head and moving your head to the opposite side to feel the stretch, can help relax and tone your neck. Another option for problem areas like the neck is liposuction. Neck liposuction cost varies, but the average cost is $2,224. The ideal candidate for this procedure is of normal weight w/ isolated areas of fat. The average length of the procedure is from 45 minutes to 4 hours.)
4. Divide up exercises (such as cardiovascular exercises on some days, etc.)
5. Sitting can be an activity (Sitting on an exercise ball is a fun way to stay it. You will work your stomach muscles. Targeting specific areas can be difficult. That’s where smart lipo comes in. Smart lipo helps to remove stubborn fat that doesn’t seem to go away, despite hours in the gym. Laser light is used to melt fat cells and make removal of these troublesome cells easier.)
6. Yoga (not only a great way to relieve stress, but a good way to stay in shape too!)
7. Daily vitamin and mineral supplements (taking daily vitamins and mineral supplements is a good way to make up for dietary deficiencies)
8. Drink water (it may seem cliche, but 8 oz. a day is recommended)
9. Plans meals ahead of time
10. Stay motivated, have a “fitness buddy”
11. Set realistic goals (the average weight loss is about 3-5 pounds per month)
12. Get comfortable shoes
13. Allow for certain days to “splurge” or treat yourself.
14. Watch vices (cut back on caffeine, smoking and alcohol consumption)
15. Walk when you can.