10 Foods that Will Make You Look Younger
Aging is a fact of life. The wrinkles appearing on your forehead and other areas of your body can leave you feeling unattractive, old, and searching for ways to stop the aging process. While you cannot go back in time or stop it, there are many ways in which you can fight the signs of the aging process. From exercise to daily vitamins, getting the upper hand on aging is not as hard as it may seem. One of the best ways to keep your youthful look is through eating healthy food. The following is a list of foods that can help you look younger:
- Carrots: This vegetables is not only good for your eye sight, it is only great for your skin. It aids in skin cell renewal. Carrots actually help absorb free radicals in the skin that can promote skin aging. For a more youthful look and to ward off aging in the future, eat your carrots.
- Sweet potatoes: Do you have a problem with dry skin? The dryer your skin is, the older it will appear. It will also lead to permanent skin damage such as wrinkles that can make you look older. Sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene which can help sooth dry skin. Balancing the skins PH, sweet potatoes encourages cell turnover and helps moisturize the skin naturally.
- Citrus: Citrus will not only help your immune system, but it is also great for skin again. It contains bioflavonoid which helps protect the skin from the harmful ultraviolent rays from the sun. It is also important in producing collagen. It acts as a natural sun screen for your skin.
- Fish: A diet rich in Omega 3 is very beneficial for aging. It is good for both your heart and your skin. It can be found in fish such as salmon or tuna. A diet rich in fish is a great way to fight off the signs of aging in your skin.
- Berries: If you are trying to improve the elasticity of your skin, indulge in berries. Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries or any other berries will be great for you skin’s elasticity. They also contain antioxidants that can help rid your skin of free radicals.
- Water: You are probably tired of getting the same old tip to drink more water. However, it is a great tip! Drinking more water can help your skin and your body to stay hydrated. The more water you drink, the healthier your skin will be. This is especially true during the summer months when exposure to the sun increases.
- Avocados: To keep healthy, young looking skin you will need a diet rich in vitamin E. Eating Avocados are a great way to get the vitamin E that your skin needs to stay healthy. It is always full of “healthy” fats that can keep your skin looking younger longer.
- Nuts: While these can certainly be damaging to your diet plan, they are great for your skin. The offer a great source of vitamin B and help with skin elasticity and collagen. This helps skin maintain its structures. For you this means fewer wrinkles!
- Garlic: If you don’t mind the pungent smell, garlic is a food that can be helpful in all areas of the body. From fighting off heart disease to anti aging, garlic is absolutely essential to the diet. The more garlic you add in your diet, the healthier you will be.
- Green leafy vegetables: The toxins that enter your body can lead to unwanted aging. Eat plenty of leafy green vegetables to help eliminate the toxins in your body and promote healthy skin.
The key to fighting the signs of aging in your skin is living a healthy, active lifestyle. A part of this healthy lifestyle is watching what you eat. Many fruits and vegetables, such as the ones listed above, naturally ward off the signs of aging. Take advantages of this by eating a healthy diet full of green leafy vegetables, garlic, carrots, etc. The food that you put into your body will either have a negative or positive impact on how quickly you will age. Will you choose a diet that can help you overcome the signs of aging in your skin?