10 secrets about women’s brain
Neurologists made a list of 10 things men should know about women’s brain. Louann Brizendine, neurologist at California university in San Francisco pointed out the most important moments in a women’s life which affect both her body and brain.
Louann Brizendine mentions in her book “The Female Brain” the most important things men should know about a woman in order to understand her behavior.
1. The pre-menstrual symptom affects women more than 80%. Their state of mind is in permanent change because of the hormonal level. 10 days from the moment menstruation appears, before the ovulation, woman give great importance to the way they look and search for sexual opportunities because of the estrogen and testosterone level augmentation. The worst women state of mind appears 12-24 hours before menstruation occurrence.
2. Woman intuition is more a biological matter than a mystical one. Research shows that women can identify, by mistake, all kind of messages hidden in the voice or all kind of body language signs. They often know what their employers, husbands or strangers plan.
3. Women hate conflicts, but more than that they hate the lack of reaction. The chemicals that float a woman’s brain during a conflict block her, more when the conflict concerns the relationship with the lover. Women prefer a bad reaction than no reaction at all.
4. Women give different responses to pain and anxiety. Studies made over the years show that men react different to pain and fear than women. Moreover, women’s brain seems to be more sensitive than men’s, being affected by the most little stress stimulation. This is an explanation for the fact that women are more likely to suffer from depressions and anxiety.
5. Women avoid violence. Facing a threat, men react according to the saying “run or fight”, while women prefer “offer or friendship”. They are likely to choose strategic alliances with possible attackers then a physical fight.
6. Women libido decreases immediately. Certain areas from a women brain should take a pause in order to have an orgasm. Studies show that any women’s sexual desire can disappear if she is nervous, or has little self-estime.
7. Pregnancy lowers women’s brain. During pregnancy, women’s brain lowers about 4%, according to a study made in 2002 by “American Journal of Neuroradiology”. It recovers its dimension 6 months after giving birth. Other studies mention that because of hormonal changes, mothers seem to have memory problems.
8. Nursery, harder than cocaine. A mother feels the need to consider everything around her predictable. And because the baby’s development depends on the mother’s state of mind, women find relaxation during nursery. According to a study published by “Journal of Neuroscience”, nursery relaxes a woman’s brain better than cocaine.
9. Women live adolescence twice in a lifetime. At about the age of 43, women live again the adolescence changes, because of the hormonal sudden modifications. This period lasts between 2-9 years. The apogee is at the age of 47-48, the second adolescence being surpassed until the age of 52.
10. Women love risk at old ages. After 50, women’s appetite for adventure grows. While at this age men are looking for socialization, women tend to look for conflicts, they get involved in community matters or they look for different activities that please them.